When under a draining negative influence, it is always much easier to deal with it through getting qualified help.
However, sometimes you may find yourself in circumstances where you have no access to external resources and have to rely solely on yourself.
I have put together a few effective first aid techniques, which will help you to alleviate the symptoms of overshadowing and some of them can actually drive the negative entity away for good!
The usual practice is that the attaching entity will try to drain your strength and vitality to make you an easier victim to manipulate. The way they do it is described in the previous article here, but the primary target is always sleep. Nothing weakens the person more than sleep deprivation, and entities are aware of that.
Your immediate goal is then to change the situation to your advantage – weaken the entity and drain it out of power instead, while staying strong yourself. Usually the entity will be baffled at the sudden counter attack (it doesn’t usually expect) and will leave you in peace when you prove to be too difficult a target.
Below are the ways to weaken the entity and to make it draw away:
- First of all, difficult as it may sometimes be in your current state, start from tidying up your room – get rid of all things you don’t need like some random old gadgets, old clothes and other clatter from around the corners and especially from under the bed. Make sure that your room is bright and clean.
- Get some incense (those handmade in India, Nepal or Tibet are the best.) The best incense to use are juniper, white sage and dragon’s blood, which are obnoxious to malefic (evil) spiritual forces. When the first incense burns out cleaning the space, you may want to follow it with frankincense, which attracts positive energies. AVOID MYRRTH as this incense helps spirits to manifest, so would work against you in this case. Every incense is a kind of a ‘telephone number’, which is answered accordingly. When burning an incense, remember to state your intention clearly (“I want to get rid of the attaching negative energy” or something similar to that effect) and have your windows open, to help air and energy circulate.
- Take a shower every evening before sleep, imagining that together with water you are showering yourself with white purifying light. During the shower, keep repeating a mantra or a prayer in your mind for relief and protection from the dark forces.
- Get some holy water (water that has been blessed by a priest) and spray all rooms in your house, especially your bedroom and your bed. Do it regularly before going to sleep (you can add some consecrated salt into the water to maximise the effect.)
- Try to play classical music and Gregorian plainchant as often as you can – these vibrations weaken entities.
- Burn a candle in your room, close to the place you where spend most of your time
- If you suffer from night terrors, a good thing would be to sleep with a small lamp; avoid sleeping in complete darkness
- If you night terrors are rather bad, try smearing your feet with a bit of garlic – dark entities can’t stand sulphur, hence they are repelled by the smell of garlic (now you know where the old vampire stories about garlic originate from!)
- One of the most effective ways to force an entity to leave you (especially at the initial stages of the attack) is to spend as much time as possible on the bridge over running water. If you spend your time there praying or meditating it gives an even better effect.
- You must completely avoid alcohol, drugs and any other substances that can blurry your consciousness and make you lose control – the entity will get stronger with each such opportunity, so make sure it doesn’t get it.
- Resist obsessional urges – remember they do not come from your own mind. When under attach you may experience symptoms similar to schizophrenia or paranoia and a variety of anti-social urges, as well as guilt-inducing thoughts, desires and fantasies. You may find it difficult to keep your emotions under control or suddenly explode over trivial matters. Do your best to fight ‘black-outs’, when you temporarily lose control over yourself. Keep reinforcing your mind with the thought that you should (and can!) resist and repel that external influence.
- If you meditate, do it with care – certain types of meditation may make your condition worse.
- One of the worst things you can do is to adopt ‘love and light’ approach when dealing with entities – it is absolutely ineffective. Dark entities do not respond to the ideas of love and compassion, as such concepts do not exist for them. Instead, keep imagining that you are hitting the attaching entity with something heavy, or shooting with a gun, cutting it with a laser and so on. Be determined to defend yourself and do not give them an inch!
Remember – nothing happens without a reason, not even psychic attack or possession. We may not like it, but sometimes such harsh experiences are the only way we can learn and transform our life.
Once you have understood the source of your problem, your position becomes stronger thousandfold. You now have something tangible to deal with and you can prove yourself fighting a good battle! Be assured that you are stronger than the attacking entity, so your persistence will eventually drive it away.
Remember as well, that having been attacked means that you have to raise your ‘mental hygiene’ standards, start working on self-improvement and self-empowerment. In a way, you can see it as a ‘wake-up call’ – the more you learn about yourself, the more you develop and fortify your spirit, the stronger your position will become.
It is time to take action.